How To Manage Your Career in Trump America: You Can Make It To The C-Suite
In this episode, we talk about how to handle the workplace shenanigans in the Trump Era.
I also talk about this past week’s House Financial Services Committee hearing where @RepAlGreen, TX District 9, asked the all white male panel of CEOs from 7 of the largest banks in the US if the succession plans for their roles included a woman or person of color…. You have to watch it for yourself:
Let’s face it, the odds have not been in our favor. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have FAVOR. Change is coming and we just have to keep working and helping each other.
Speaking of help, please Subscribe, Rate, and Write the Trill MBA Show a review. This helps other people find the podcast.
If you need some help or advice about specific situations, go to trillmba.com/coaching to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with me to walk through your specific work situation and strategize solutions. In addition, you can always email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to either answer your question or connect you to the right person if I don’t have the answer.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Check out Voyage Dallas article about the podcast
- Workplace Bullying is Real
- Felicia shares story of boss bullying her prior to B-school
- You have to advocate for yourself
- Documentation is key to protecting and standing up for yourself
- White Male Banking CEOs have planned to replace themselves with more white males
- You have to believe in yourself, even if the succession plans today make the odds seem insurmountable
- Never give up
- Call a friend and check on them this week