Setting Yourself Up For Success: Take 2
In this episode, I catch up with one of my favorite mentees. You may remember her from S2 Episode 9. A little over a year ago, she has started a new job, relocated across a number of states only to be set up for failure. Now, she tells us what has happened since then and what she is up to now. It’s amazing what a difference a year can make.
Rockstar Mentee and I share:
- What happened when she responded to feedback by asking her manager to set her up for success
- What lessons we are taking from our previous experiences going into new opportunities
- Managing up
- Setting boundaries and priorities
- Cultivating Relationships
- Asking for help
- Making sure you get Development and Visibility
- The true definition of an Advocate in corporate America (Hint: They are the people in the room during your calibration)
- How to stand up for yourself
- Our Happy News!!!
Have you received some Trill Lessons from this podcast? If yes, could you help us out by subscribing and leaving a quick review in iTunes? Hitting subscribe and leaving a review makes a HUGE difference and should only take a minute.