***ANNOUNCEMENT: COME HANG WITH ME AT NATIONAL BLACK ***
Interning While Black with My Little Cousin
In this episode, I have the opportunity to sit down with my little cousin (he’s 20 now but he will always be my favorite 9-year-old with a bow tie) and talk with him about his summer internship experience with a global investment firm. It is the classic okie-doke set up for failure. Let this be a lesson to you. You can interview well, gain the opportunity, get set up to fail… only to be told that you aren’t good enough. Don’t believe the hype.
LESSON FROM THIS EPISODE:
- No matter what- Take What You Can Learn and Move On To Your Next Opportunity
- There Are Some Situation That You Can’t Fix- No Matter How Good You Are
- Sometimes Companies Hire You So They Can Show That They Hire Minorities, But They Have No Intentions of Setting You Up For Success
- Do Your Best- That’s all you can do!
- If you find yourself in this situation: NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT
National Black MBA Meet and Greet: Come By and Say Hi!
Friday, September 27th, 4 pm to 5:30 pm, Hilton Americas- Houston, Lobby Bar
Have you received some Trill Lessons from this podcast? If yes, could you help us out by subscribing and leaving a quick review in iTunes? Hitting subscribe and leaving a review makes a HUGE difference and should only take a minute.